helping local heroes
TEACHERS | MILITARY | FIREFIGHTERS | POLICE
HELPING HEROES FIND A HOME
If you are a Teacher, Firefighter/EMS, Police, Military (Active & Retired), or a Healthcare Professional, contact us to learn how you can get additional savings on your home mortgage.
REQUEST YOUR FREE HOMEBUYER GUIDE TODAY!
If you are looking to make a purchase or looking to refinance your home, request our FREE Homebuyer Guide Today! This guide will help give you an idea of what to expect during your home buying/refinancing transaction as well as important keywords and phrases that we will use during your mortgage transaction.
- Do’s and Don’t
- Common Mortgage Terms
- Moving Checklist
- Document Checklist
Free Homebuyer Guide
Please fill out the information below to receive your FREE copy of your Homebuyer Guide.
The Homebuying process
Frequently asked questions
We have many home mortgage programs such as down payment assistance, refinance programs as well as local community Hero programs. Community Heroes include, EMT’s, Police, Firefighters, Doctors, Nurses and many more.
Contact me today to go over the best programs for you.
Yes! Applying for a home loan is very simple through our online application. To get started on a home mortgage applications, just click here to begin.
It is an honor to serve our heroes: Military Veterans and active duty service members, you may qualify for a Veterans Administration (VA) loan. These loans often require no down payment and have lower closing costs, helping to keep your savings secure. At Geneva, we take pride specializing in the highest quality service for VA loans – service you deserve as a U.S. Veteran.
VA Home Loan
- 100% Financing with full VA Entitlement*
- No Monthly Mortgage Insurance
- Seller Contribution to Closing Costs Permitted Product Benefits
- No Prepayment Penalties Construction Financing For: – Single Family Residences – Townhomes – VA Approved Condos – Other property types may be eligible**
- Fixed- and adjustable-rate loan terms
*A down payment may be required if the borrower does not have full VA entitlement, or if the loan amount exceeds the current maximum loan amount. **
You can get more information from the government’s website, but the basic requirements include:
- You’re currently active duty military, or you’re a veteran, honorably discharged.
- At least 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime or at least 181 consecutive days of active service during peacetime.
- More than six years of service in the National Guard or Selective Reserve.
If you would like to find out about your eligibility just contact me today.
We are committed to America’s every day heroes.
In addition to VA Home Loans, we carry multiple HERO mortgage products, that may provide up to 3.5% in down payment assistance program for the following designations:
- All First Responders: Police, Firefighters, EMT
- Medical Professionals: Doctors, Nurses
- Active Duty and Veteran Military
- Homes for Heroes Approved Lender
GENEVA FINANCIAL | Hermie Talamantez
Loan Officer | NMLS ID 497087
I was born and raised in Texas. I know what Texans need. I know how Texans think. Living in places like Floresville, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Houston, Spring, Sonora and Bulverde, have allowed me to help thousands of families like yours. I understand your mortgage needs are different and are unique to you. Buying a home should be a process that provides the opportunity to live out your dreams and begin new ones. I am on a mission to help provide sustainable homeownership for as many families as possible. I am a VA, FHA, Conventional, USDA home loan expert. I am proud to start this journey with you.